COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Earn App may collect and how we may use it:
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- When you create an Earn App ID, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class, connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Earn App products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Earn App services or forums, Earn App may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Earn App will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Earn Apps latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Earn App ID account holders. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Earn App, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Earn App’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at Earn App or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Earn App, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how Earn App handles candidate personal information at the time of application.